Sunday, January 23, 2011

THE PILOT OF MY PLANE

Years ago when my Dad was young he decided to join the Royal Canadian Air force. At the age of nineteen he signed up at the beginning of World War 2 but due to the fact that he wore glasses he was designated to position of navigator rather than pilot. Shortly after he was assigned to a pilot, twenty-three year old,Don Embry.
These two young "fly boys", as air force men were called, then set off on various bombing missions. Barely out of their teens they were active, lively and self assured, however, seeing their brothers in arms, killed in such deadly ways was sobering and frightening..
My Dad, Bob Keele, met his pilot, Don who said to him, " You stick with me, Bob, and I'll see you through this war!" Sometime later Don was in a motorcycle accident in which he broke his leg and so their flying missions were temporarily halted. Bob was in the hospital visiting this friend and pilot when a superior officer approached him asking Bob to be his navigator for an upcoming mission. My Dad respectfully declined, saying Don was still his pilot and that as soon as Don was able they'd be flying.
Well... that particular mission that Bob declined failed and several young men died including the superior officer! Dad and Don Embry flew together, safely, for the entire war. Dad is now 91 years old and Don passed away just a few years ago.
After my ms diagnosis in '99 I decided to make Jesus the "pilot of my plane" and I know He will see me through this war!
THANK YOU, LORD!











'

No comments:

Post a Comment